Friday, December 30, 2005

Blessed

Today was a long adventurous day. Elly and I were on the skytrain when we decided to go give Beimers a surprise visit at the hospital. He was just leaving the hospital as we arrived. He took us down to see little Madelyn. I have spent a lot of time in the NICU before with my cousin when she had open heart surgery, and I felt like I was going through all that again. But once I saw little Madelyn, that changed. You can tell just my looking at her little body that she is a fighter and she has a strength in her that will make her overcome what is going on now and what is to come in her life. She has two amazing parents and 3 awesome big sisters that will be there for every step of her journey. Thank you Beimers for sharing Madelyn with me. I feel blessed to have gotton to meet your little angel and am excited to see her grow up and be sitting on the bench with you at your volleyball games just like her big sisters.

No comments: