Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Update

Wow... what a ride the last few days have been.

Since coming back to Sydney life has been a whirlwind once again.

I have learned more about God and grown closer to Him in the last week that I have since being in Africa. The reality of me being away from home for a year hit me really hard, on top of the fact that there were only bad news coming from back home. Needless to say the first few days here were filled with my tears and prayers.

One thing that has hit me is that even though I have friends down here, ut is down to me and God. Him and I. This is more comforting that I ever thought it could be. I have been so blessed to have Kira open up her home to me for a few weeks and this is just one of the ways God is providing for me.

As some of you know, the original job that I came here for, fell through. I haven't heard from my workplace so I kind of gave up on that idea. I feel that God is calling me to stay in Sydney. I have friends here and a solid church family. I am falling in love more and more with this city and it feels so right to be here. So, I have started job hunting here and as of today, I also found a place to live at least until February. I will still look for a place to carry me after that, but for now, it will do. I am rooming with 3 girls from Hillsong which will be a great foundation for me to continue to grow. I am so blessed.

For now, its back to job hunting. I don't like the process and find it exhausting and frustrating, but I know that God will provide a job for me. Everything will work out, because God called me here for a purpose that I do not know, but look forward to learning, even if I don't find out what it is until I return to Vancouver.

Well... I'm off to the young adult service here at Hillsong. Life is good.

2 comments:

boersma said...

Glad to hear you're doing well Lynn! It is so awesome to hear what God is doing in your life! Your photos are amazing and make me want to go to Australia (and New Zealand) even more now. What an awesome experience. I hope your job hunting goes well - I know what you're going through with what a pain it is. But once you get a job it's rewarding. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I echo that. It is awesome to hear what God is doing in your life, Lynn. I was all smiles as I read your post! God will provide and He loves you so SO much.

Love big sis, C.