Thursday, May 20, 2010

Immigration Update

Last week Barney received an email from the government asking him 2 questions in regards to some information that he put in the application form. He answered them incorrectly because the questions were worded so funny. Anyways, he got that cleared up right away which was good.

It was great to hear anything at that point since it has been nearly a month since I sent in my application.

Today I came home to a big envelope on my bed from immigration. My heart skipped a beat for sure. Included was all of my documents that they no longer needed and a letter describing missing documents I have.

There are two. First, we need the registration number of our wedding officiant. So random and detailed but I guess they need to prove they are official. So, Barney called them and we were told that us nor the government is allowed that information. Awesome. So, Barney is going to call the government official tomorrow and discuss this with her. Hopefully that all works out.

Secondly, all of my medical exams are considered invalid because they were not performed by a Panel Doctor. This made me angry because they never once specified that a Panel Doctor had to perform these tests. I had spent well over $200 for my tests and now I have to go back and re-do them. I have to get a full exam, chest x-ray and get tested for HIV. When you get HIV testing done, the blood technicians (no idea what they are called) have to send my blood to the provincial labs for processing which delays the process by a week or two at the least. All of my tests have to be back to Ottawa in less that a month so it's crunch time!

I have rarely experienced stress in my life but I am starting to feel it. I have a lot on my plate and it's catching up with me. I get headaches daily including some that are borderline migraine. I don't have time for the gym much anymore and I feel like because of it my energy levels are dropping which makes me want to go to the gym even less.

I am excited for all of this to be over and I am glad that time is going by fast. Knowing that I am already over a month into the process is comforting to me.

That's the update for now. Will post again when I find out more info!

2 comments:

Louise and Gary Chapman said...

What the heck is a panel doctor? Kay, don't answer that, I'll google it. When we sent our tests to the provincial testing place (for the adoption medical checks) it was ready in a week. HOpe yours will go quickly too!!! I'm sorry you are so stressed...not good for your body and mind.

Kimberly said...

hey lynn :)
thinkin and praying about all this..