I miss my family and friends dearly back in Canada. I miss family dinners, taking care of my niece, meeting friends for dinner downtown. I have not lost my family. I have simply lost time and I think we all know that time is precious. I am thankful for my family and friends back in Canada.
I am also thankful for Barney's family. Another family that I have gained. I have had the pleasure of visiting with his mum and stepdad several times since I have been back here. I have also enjoyed visits with his aunty, his brothers and his niece. His niece breaks my heart a little. Her name is Summer and is raised by her dad alone. She longs to be with her mother, but unfortunatly her mother does not feel the same way. Her dad is a great father, giving all of his available time to her. I am glad for our visits with them because I like to give Summer my time. She needs to have a female influence in her life since her mother isn't around. I try my best and that's all I can do.
Summer
So I have lost precious time with my Canadian friends and family but I have also gained another family as well. And soon enough, they will come together when Barney and I celebrate our love for each other.
Life is good.
2 comments:
I love you! The good thing about family is that no matter where you are, they will always be there for you.
Erik and I have been thinking about where we want to live and what we want to do with our lives. I hope we end up overseas for a little while at least. And yes, I already mourn being away from my family. Especially the little ones that change so quickly! But there's always skype and photos and phones and so many ways to keep in contact. And like you said, there is also Barney's family who I'm sure will take excellent care of you.
I'm always here for you, my dear friend. Even though I am so very far away. All my love!
Your niece misses being taken care of you too. It hurts my heart to type it. I am so grateful you two were able to have that special time together.
Love Christina
Post a Comment