Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Venting....

I need to vent!

I love dogs but I don't always love dog owners...

Barney and I took Jessie to the off leash dog beach today for a walk. Jessie is very social and 'says hi' to all the dogs and goes on her happy way.

Today, two dogs just turned on her and ganged up on her. They were growling, barking and biting at Jessies neck. Not nice.

The dogs were on leashes but no one was holding the ends so we told the owners to get a hold of there dogs and get them away from Jessie. These people were hopeless at controlling their aggressive dogs. Jessie kept trying to get away but the one dog just kept going at her.

We had a few choice words for the owners as they struggled to control their dogs. If your dogs are aggressive in nature and you can't control them then leave them at home or walk them on a leash somewhere else!

They got mad at us for not having Jessie on a leash but it isn't required there. If Jessie was an aggressive dog, we would not take her there, but she's far from it.

When we were were making our way back, the lady had taken the dogs off the beach and the old man told us in broken english, to watch our mouths or he would brush them for us. I couldn't help but laugh.

I feel better now... thanks for listening :)

No comments: