Wednesday, June 06, 2012
Bad Luck
Wow... it's been a bit crazy around here lately and it seems like my luck hasn't been so great.
First, Jessie was at the vet for 5 days and thankfully, she is home healthy and happy. It was a bit scary but at least she is home now. She has pancreatitis so we've had to change her diet. No more scraps for the dog!
(Washed away beach)
Secondly, we had a really bad storm last night. Winds were up to 115km/hr and the ocean tide was at the highest of the year and the swell was at the biggest in a long time. Nearly 7 meter swell. That means massive waves and our beaches have washed away.
In all this, our fence has fallen over. We just moved it over the weekend since we have to get a tree taken out. I tried to fix it today but the winds were still too strong and it was raining so I gave up. Barney will try to fix it when he is home from work. For now, Jessie's locked inside.
Lastly, last night I sat on the edge of the bed to give Jessie some cuddles and I sat on my knee funny and managed to dislocated. I was screaming in pain and couldn't straighten my leg no matter how hard I tried. For 10 minutes I kept trying to straighten it and finally I heard (and felt) a 'pop' and it felt like new! I've never had anything like that before. It's a bit sore today.
(The tide was so high it came into the parking lot the night before)
Thats the latest from here.... In exactly 2 months I will be on a plane to Vancouver!! I'm so excited to go home for a while and see family and friends. Hopefully time flies by until then...
Cheers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, that's crazy, especially the weather . . which beach is that? We can't wait to see you either . . it can't come soon enough for me!! I miss you big time and tear up now and then wishing you were closer by. I'm glad you got your knee back into position but please take care of yourself . . you need your legs! Grateful poor Jessie is back up and at it too . . love you, Mom
Post a Comment