(Random pictures included in this blog!)
In the beginning of October I went back to work part time. It was my desire to work 2 nights and one Saturday shift per week. We didn't necessarily need the second income, but it helps since we are looking at buying a house soon. I was originally supposed to go back to work in January.
(Crazy lightning storm last night!)
I am a person who gets easily bored. I like keep busy and most mornings Myles and I are out visiting friends, at moms group or wander around the shops. I went back to work because I enjoy working and wanted some time to just be me. Not a wife, not a mom, just me.
And it was great! I loved being back and they were glad to have me back. After a couple weeks things began to take a turn in the other direction. Because I had worked there for so long before and most of the staff now are new, people relied on me for a lot. I don't mind having the responsibility but it started to become too much. I felt like everything was put on my shoulders and I began to not like working anymore. We also had a change in management and this was the main reason why I ended up resigning after just 4 weeks of starting back.
(Reminiscing about the newborn days.... Myles 1 day old)
I immediately called my old manager who works elsewhere now asking her if she was hiring or knew anyone who was. She wasn't hiring but she recommended two different restaurants to try and find work. One Friday afternoon I dropped some resumes off and on Sunday I got a call from the manager of one restaurant. She asked me to do a trial shift on Wednesday.
(Myles 4 ish weeks old with Jessie)
So I went in on the Wednesday and jumped right in. I loved it right away. It is a much simpler style of service than what I am used to so it was pretty relaxed. At the end of the night they offered me the job! No interviews or anything which is great because I hate interviews and rather just work and prove myself. The best thing about it is that I don't have any real responsibility. I have been in a supervisor roll for the last few years so it is nice to just walk in, do my work and go home.
Tomorrow is my second shift and I am actually excited to go to work. Hopefully I will really enjoy working there. Myles goes to day care 3 days a week in January so I will be able to work more hours as well.
I am very thankful for this new job and that it all just fell into place.
1 comment:
Day care is $110 a day but after the gov't rebate it is about $55. It isn't cheap either if you don't get a rebate or have more than one child. I just have to make sure I work enough hours to cover the cost!
Post a Comment