Now that my baby growing days are over, it is time to get my body back! Since I am not breastfeeding I feel like I have my body freedom back and it feels good.
My pre-baby weight was 65kg or 143lbs.
When I was full term with Myles I was 80kg or 176lbs.
Full term with Charlie: 92kg or 200lbs.. Yikes!
After Myles I didn't really focus on my weight loss as I knew I wanted back to back babies and didn't want to put all the effort in, only to gain it again. Looking back this probably wasn't a great decision as now I have much more to lose. I can't change the past so now I just have to work extra hard to get where I want to be which would be back around 65kg, although I am building more muscle so I'll give myself some leeway.
I didn't weigh myself until Charlie was 10 weeks old as this is when I really started to transform my diet and pick up my exercising.
So 10 weeks post partum I was 84kg or 185lbs. My goal is to lose about a kilo a week.
The first four weeks I was on track and was down to 80kg 14 weeks pp. This is when my family arrived and I plateaued staying the same weight until they left. It was then that my friend challenged me to do a month of going refined sugar free with her so we could keep each other accountable. In the first 10 days, I dropped another 2kg! I'm currently sitting at 78kg.
It was shocking to see how much sugar is in everything and scary that this is what the food industry is becoming. Thankfully, Barney and I are both good enough in the kitchen that we can make our own delicious meals, sauces, dressings etc and eliminate a lot of processed food where the sugar usually is found.
My diet now is mostly made up of salads, smoothies, fresh fruit, fish, meat and steamed veggies. If we make a pasta dish, we always make the sauces from scratch and pack them full of veggies. I also gave up coffee when I had Charlie which was a hard adjustment at first, but I feel much better for now. My go to treat are cacao bliss balls which I will share the recipe for as they are delicious and curb my chocolate cravings. I also made sugar free banana bread the other day and it turned out great too.
Going sugar free has really forced me to be most creative and actually hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be, even though I have a huge sweet tooth!
Last night was my first shift back to work and boy am I tired now. I worked 4-1130pm so by the time I was home, showered and sleeping, it was close to 12:30. Both boys were up at 6am but Barney got up with them and let me sleep until 7:30. Going to bed that late really hit me hard and today I was exhausted and unmotivated all day.
Speaking of work, my incredibly awesome bosses have hired a personal trained for all the staff! We will have 3 weekly drop in sessions that last an hour each. All for free. I will only be able to make 2 of them and will have Charlie along, but hopefully he will just sleep in the pram. This gift seriously couldn't come at a better time and I think it is just what I need to push myself that little bit harder.
That is my journey so far! My goal is to be bikini body ready by my 30th birthday trip to Bali in March. If I keep making good choices and work hard, I know I can get there!
(I debated putting up pictures of my results so far but I don't think I am ready yet, although, the results are very visable!)
2 comments:
WOAAHHH!! Good for you Lynn!!! So awesome!!!!!
You're doing just great, Lynn. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment