Another quick post... sorry! When I find a good chunk of time to write more, I will.
I am not in Port Stephens which is a few hours north of Sydney. I arrived here two nights ago and am staying in this hotel that has a lot of character. Last night, I spent about 2 hours hunting and killing all of the crickets that decided to keep me awake by singing and jumping on me. Man, I was not a happy camper. I am getting good at killing them though.
I found a place to live and I move in on Monday. It is a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen and living room and its fully furnished. Perfect for me!! I wish I could move in earlier, but such is life.
I start work this afternoon and it will be good to keep busy again, let alone see a paycheck. Its been a while for sure.
I am going to be working at Shoal Bay Resort and Spa. Google it, its beautiful. The town is so small and opposite of Sydney, but I think I will like it here a lot. The only thing that concerns me is finding a church to call home. I have a feeling that this will be more difficult to find.
That's all for now! Im off to get ready for work and probably kill some more bugs. I don't like bugs!!!
Cheers.
2 comments:
1. I googled it, and it is gorgeous. Wow. Jealous, that's all I can say - time to plan a trip to Aussie.
2. bugs are gross!!
3. killing bugs is fantastically satisfying (I learned that it bio 11;))
4. hooray for the new place to live and for getting paychecks - I miss those
5. I hope you can find a church to call home down there
miss ya
Elly
1. Yes.. it is. I spent the am on the beach. Cant complain!
2. I concur
3. Yes! Morbidly so.. killed 5 big roaches last night and went to bed with a smile on my face.
4. Cant wait to unpack my suitcase!!
5. Thanks.. me too!
6. Miss you lots and hope you are doing good! Enjoy the snow!!!
Lynn
Post a Comment