Friday, October 14, 2011

Surgery

Our gorgeous pup Jessie had to have surgery this morning. Barney noticed a growth on her lip a few days ago so I took her to the vet to get it checked out. The vet said it needed to be taken out as soon as possible so Jessie had it removed this morning.


(Medication Free/Normal with Dorothy the Dinasour:) )

I might just add that Jessie loves the vet. She runs to the door and tries to push it open. I think she just loves seeing other dogs and getting lots of attention!

They were able to burn off the lump instead of cutting her open which was great (and saved us a few hundred dollars). It will heal quite well this way and she didn't need stitches. The lump was sent off to get tested for disease, including cancer which is apparently common around the mouths of dogs since cells mulitply quicker there.


(Highly medicated and drowsy)

We picked her up this afternoon and boy was she groggy. The vet said when she came out of sedation, she just started howling. She also said that she is a great dog, which we know already of course :)

She's been sleeping since we brought her home but never wants to be alone. If we leave her alone on her bed and leave the room, she'll cry until we come to see her. She just wants some love and cuddles! Yes, she is very spoiled!!



Hopefully she will be back to normal tomorrow so we can go to the beach tomorrow. I have the weekend off (a first in ages!) and I can't wait :)

2 comments:

ade drost said...

aww poor thing! enjoy your wkd - beaches are a thing of the past... rain rain rain in our forecast!

boersma said...

Awww she's so gorgeous! My dog was the same way last time she was drugged - crying just to get attention, except she had to wear a cone on her head, so I'd be crying too. Enjoy your weekend off!!