Monday, February 17, 2014

Getting There....

We are now 38 weeks pregnant!

I can't believe that the end of my pregnancy is so close. I have been off work for the last month and time has just flown right on by. The baby could come at anytime really which is so exciting and a little terrifying at the same time. I'm excited to have our own birth story and have those first cuddles with our baby.

At 36 weeks baby was back to being transverse but I had a check up this morning and he is head down again thankfully. I was starting to get nervous that I would have to have him manually moved or end up with a C-section but things are looking good. He is still moving around a lot so things could change, but we are very hopeful he will stay this way and I can have a natural delivery.

It's been quite muggy lately which has made things uncomfortable and sleep has become difficult. I ended up spending a few nights in the spare bedroom so I could toss and turn all night without waking Barney. I've started having warm baths and massaging my legs before bed and this has really helped me sleep better. I slept five hours straight one night and woke up excited because I had "slept through the night".. haha! My body is clearly preparing me for motherhood.

We have booked our flights to Canada and will be home from August 2 - 21! We have a mini family reunion for a few days which will be good to have all us kids together. Even better, all my family gets to meet our little one! Well, besides my parents because they are coming here for 3 weeks in April to meet bubs.

Sorry for the lack of pictures but life really isn't too exciting. I spend most days keeping the house tidy, watching movies/TV and napping! Oh, plus walking Jessie. I'm hoping the walks will help bub move south.

Not much else I can do at the moment.... he will come when he is ready!

1 comment:

Louise Chapman said...

Such an exciting time!!