Sunday was Father's Day here down under and it was also Barney's birthday!
Barney's mum invited us over for lunch so we headed there in the morning so Myles could play before lunch. Barney's aunt and her partner also came over and we had a lovely time together! We left shortly after lunch so Myles could sleep in the car on the way home but he didn't and was so overtired when we got home that he just screamed and cried for about 10 minutes before crashing for a couple hours.
Since Charlie will be our last baby, I've decided to do a lifestyle overhaul and work really hard on losing all the weight I've gained over the last few years. Three pregnancies and two babies have done my body no favours!
I've been eating really well and exercising a lot. I have also given up coffee which has made me feel a lot better. Every morning I get out and go power walking, usually pushing two kids in the pram up some hills. It is hard work but it feels so good to sweat. I climbed our local mountain on Wednesday and hope to do it weekly as it is such a good work out, especially carrying Charlie up there too.
Most days I also get on the exercise bike and do 15 minutes on the bike, then do squats, push ups, sit ups, lunges and a few other exercises. My body is sore but I am very determined! As I am not breastfeeding, I feel freedom in my body which is a driving force for me. It could be seen as being selfish for making that choice but it was the best one for the both of us this time around.
(Grilled chicken, avocado, corn and capsicum salsa, a standard lunch for me these days.. yum!)
Charlie is wonderful. He is a relatively easy baby and doesn't cry much. He is sleeping great, only getting up once through the night for a feed. He also naps really well which is something Myles never did as a baby.
I feel so blessed that he is a good baby as I really wanted to cherish these early days as I know it's our last baby. I am really enjoying him, as is Barney and Myles. Myles adores him and Charlie gives him the best smiles! I love watching their relationship develop, even at this age.
My brother, his wife, their daughter and my parents arrive in a few weeks and I am excited to see them and have them meet Charlie!
We have just begun spring and I am excited to see what this new season brings.
I hope you are having a great week!
1 comment:
Thanks for posting! Can't wait to snuggle the boys.
Just a few more weeks. xo
Post a Comment