(The pictures don't really match what I'm writing about but thought I should update with some. Pictures of recent storms and Myles of course)
Well, it has been one year since we starting trying for baby number two. We had always hoped to have our children close together in age. As you know, we got pregnant in March and sadly lost the baby in June. Since we easily got pregnant with Myles and had no complications throughout my pregnancy with him, it was very unexpected.
After our miscarriage in June, we started trying almost immediately again. Since I had God's peace flood over me during the grieving process, I felt ready to start trying again. And now the waiting game continues on. My biggest prayer has been that we will get pregnant before our due date roles around from our last pregnancy. We were due on December 18th so there is still time. If I am not pregnant before then, I think the date might be a bit harder to bear.
I am feeling good both physically and emotionally. My body recovered well from the miscarriage and D&C in June. I still feel completely at peace with the whole situation and am focusing on Myles, Barney and our future and not living in the past. Life is too short to be doing that.
The hardest thing probably came a few weeks ago. My dear friend announced she was very unexpectedly pregnant with baby number 3. It felt like a kick in the stomach. Here she is not wanting any more children and gets pregnant and we have been trying for a year and have yet to get pregnant. I felt like it was very unfair but quickly reminded myself that God has a perfect plan for her family (which she believes too) and a perfect plan for our family. While I have come to accept this, I still find it hard to watch her belly grow week to week. I'm only human.
Work is great. I seriously work for some awesome people and I love going to work. I get to be me, have adult conversation and contribute to our family income. Plus, I get tips which make up my coffee fund :)
Myles is great. He blabbers all day long and can say so many words now. He is picking up his speech quickly! He can say his own name now and it is the cutest thing ever. He doesn't say the 's' so it is just "Myle". He hardly cries at day care drop offs now and just runs to play with his friends. I love that he loves it there and feels safe and secure. It makes going to work a hundred times easier and I don't have to have any guilt about not staying home with him.
Barney is great too. He really enjoys his job and he gets a lot of perks with it too. We get a lot of free different beers and wines to try, he got a $150 gift card the other day and we have been invited to attend an exclusive wine dinner next month put on by Yellowtail wines, which I'm sure my north American readers are familiar with too.
Life is good. We continue to focus on raising Myles to be a respectful, polite boy while developing his weaknesses and encouraging his strengths. It doesn't come easy and we learn as we go but I think we are doing pretty good so far.
Cheers!
1 comment:
Thanks for the update, my dear. It's always good to hear from you. I agree with you about the unexpected pregnancies -- they can be rough. Well hearing of any pregnancy can be hard, but especially the unexpected ones.
I hope my work situation is as great as yours! Well, I don't get tips, but co-worker wise. There has been a huge turnover and I was in picking holidays last week and didn't recognize half of the names. Uh oh.
Myles is a sweet as ever.
Love you.
Post a Comment