Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Boy Meets Girl

I have just completed reading Boy Meets Girl by Joshua Harris. Anyone read it? It is a book all about courting. Now, probably for most of you courtship is a foreign topic as it was for me before meeting Kimmer. Kimmer's sister and brother-in-law have a beautiful story about their courtship. After hearing it, I said that I dont think I could ever go about it that way. Then I read this book. Courtship is described as "dating with a purpose". I learned that all courtship really is, is becoming a close friend to a member of the opposite sex and finding out if God has called eachother to marriage. Well... its a little more complicated than that, but you get the idea. I just want to hear opinions from all of you on what you think courtship is. Is it still happening in today's society? What does it all involve? Please leave comments or email me on what you think its all about and what your personal opinion is on it! Thanks!

1 comment:

Share said...

i love the definition of "dating with a purpose". courtship sounds so scary, like it's a major commitment but really so many people court. it might be kinda old fashioned, but i believe that there's many people out there doing it. lots of friends and people that we know have been dating for a long time... i don't believe that they think it's all for fun... they have to have a purpose. plus, it's romantic!!!

hope everything's going swell, lynn!