A lot of you were curious to see what I did for my birthday, so here it is!!!!
Lets begin at about 1am. I woke up from a dream that darkness in the form of a human was pinning me to my bed by my shoulders. I woke up terrified and was afraid to open my eyes because I could feel a force over me. I couldn't move. I cursed the devil out of my room and just prayed that Jesus would come in the room and protect me and because He never fails, I felt relief come over me. I opened my eyes and began to move. I was nervous to fall asleep again, but I did until about 2am....
This is when I was woken up the the voices of Kimmer, Martha, and Tamar all singing 'Happy Birthday' to me. After they left the room, I went back to sleep until Helga, the lday I lived with for a week in Kabwe, called to wish me a happy birthday. By that time I was too awake to go back to sleep, so I got up. When I awoke, I found 19 drawings all of the house saying happy birthday on them. It is a tradition in Kimmers family.
The day preogressed on. I received a package from home, and two letters from Elly and My Aunt Tricia. My mom called around 5pm before we headed to a church service. It was good to hear from her. I also taught Tamar and Toko (a girl from My Fathers House Orphan Home) today. It was a lot of fun.
When we got to the church service, my heart felt so cold. I didnt want to be there, but God had other plans. As the service went on, I felt like there was something stopping me from reading God. The pastor than asked us all to come to the front (I stayed in the back) and kneel before the Lord. Then he began to preach. This is what he said. "I know there is someone in here who has had the devil recently stopping them from connecting with God." Hello! That was me! I started to cry. There were people all around me falling to the ground and shaking b/c the Holy Spirit was moving something in them. I actually had to catch one of the ladies and help her to the ground. Something you just dont see in North American Churches for the most part. As this was happening, the pastor came to me and told me he wanted to speak to me after the service. I had to leave the room because I was a wreck, but it was good. The Lord opened my heart and told me to surrender all to Him. I spoke with the pastor after the service and I told him that through his words, GOd was speaking to me. I told him about my dream and he encouraged me to curse the devil out loud and to turn to Christ. He told me to keep looking to Him and that He has amazing plans for me and its time to make a change and to not let the devil get close to me.
He was such an answer to prayer and I got so much from him and his message. Praise God! He wants me to keep in touch with him and to come out more often to Friday night worship. I just might!
Following this we went and picked up pizza and icecream to celebrate my birthday. Valerie, a friend here, and Toko joined us. We chatted over our food and birthday cake as well before heading to bed.
Praise God for another year of life and a wonderful day!!!!
1 comment:
Wow lynn. it makes me so joyful to see the Holy Spirit teaching you so much. keep surrendering your days to Jesus Christ, he has great things for you to do in the smallest of ways. I love you my sister. happy birthday.
Stewart
Post a Comment