Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Almost Done!

So it is another bright and beautiful Monday today. I dont dislike Mondays as much as I used to when I was in school. Anyways, we got up this morning and had our devotions outside which was just beautiful, though a little chilly. I take every opportunity to wear my poofy vest! We had devotions then we started off on our final stretch of case files in this area. We visited 2 homes where we did interviews and took pictures of the children and their homes. We went to do a 3rd home, but no one was home, so we came back to the office and had some lunch. (The office is our home as well) We had lunch and then 2 kids came over. They are brand new to the sponsorship program and are very excited to get things started. We did the interviews here at the office and then went to one of the kids homes to take pictures. We are going to visit the other girl's home tomorrow. This Wed-Fri we have about 25 kids to do in 3 different areas within Lusaka, then we are pretty much done. After this week we only have to go down to Livingstone where we have aboue 20 children. Following that, we are done! We will have visited 180 homes, touched 180 lives, and met 180 families all with their own unique stories. It feels good to have this adventure come to a close, but it is also sad. I love getting up each morning not knowing who we are going to meet and which children with break our hearts because they are so precious. I love them all so much!!!!

One struggle that Kimmer and I face daily is encountering drunk men. Now, we normally are yelled at one the street, but usually by friendly people with generally good intentions. But of course we always get the crazy ones too. Take Saturday. We were walking down the street when some guy comes up to me and grabs my arm, so I shake it off and tell him "No". He keeps on grabbing me and tries to get me on a bus (this is his job, to get customers, not to kidnap me). He smells so badly like alcohol and it is only about 11am. So I shake him off and sternly say "No" to him. He doesnt want to leave me alone so he leaves me no choice but to tell him No in his own language, something I dont do very often, and hit him so that the will just leave me alone. He was shocked at what I did, and he finally stumbled off in a crooked line to the bus and away he left. I dont feel threatened at all by them but it is just so annoying.

Anyways, those are the latest stories about what is going on here. This week will be be busy, then I am going away by myself for the weekend to Bob and Mary's, our other american missionaries house, for a little get a way! It should be fun. I will also be spending Easter with them and a bunch of other missionaries. Should be a good time! Take Care. Missing you all!!!!

No comments: