Sunday, April 23, 2006

I'll Be The Greatest Fan of Your Life

Now, you may be thinking I am talking about a guy that has swooned me here in Zambia. Nope, although there has been a situation going on with a guy that has been nothing but trouble. I wont get into the details but he was almost too good to be true, then we found out the truth behind him. Quite disappointing. Anyways, through all of these trials, God has been so good to us. He has been tapping on my shoulder reminding me of His will for my life. Like I mentioned in my last blog, this has been on my heart a lot. This situation only reminded me of it. God has an amazing plan. I don't need some guy who says nice things to be my everything, and for sure not my future spouse. God is just so awesome, thats all I can really say about this all. There has been heartbreak and disappointment, but does it really matter? God is with me and will always be the greatest fan of my life.

5 comments:

Sharla said...

YAY FOR BEING SINGLE!!!!..hee hee..

it's sad that there aren't more females our age out there who can live what you just wrote.

tough sometimes? yeah, but God is sooooo much better.

:)take care

Stewart said...

arranged marriage anyone?

Maybe we can start to escape this highly North American ideal that marriage should be based on a romance or that we should pursue guys and gals that we're "the most attracted too" and start basing relationship on a commitment to make things work no matter the circumstance. To not worry about finding 'The One', but rather one who loves Jesus Christ in a way that would overflow into their love for you...

how does it go again?... for richer or for poorer, in sickness and health, for better or for worse, till death do you part...

Stewart said...

that too was a hearty amen Lynn. :)

boersma said...

Amen to that Lynn. 'true dat'. I sometimes worry I'm going to be alone my whole life...and I dont think I'd like that...but just think, we're only 19 and there may be many men in our lives in the next couple of years, but only one God and He is amazing. Love ya

elly

Ashley said...

Shotgun being the second greatest fan of your life!