Saturday, April 08, 2006

The Floods of Zambia... in our Home!

So today is when Gary, our president of EOH, left for home. He woke us up at about 5am to let us know that the house was flooded. There was about 2 inches of water covering, his room, our room, the bathroom, and a couple hallways. Since our water goes out every night, someone (a bishop visiting from Livingstone) try to turn on the water and since none came out, he just left the tap open. Well, when the water turned on, it flooded out house. It was awful and funny all at the same time. So we got up, started cleaning it up while drinking a Fanta at 5:30am. It was hilarious. So we spent about 3 hours cleaning it all up. It was quite an adventure for a Saturday morning. I will post pictures soon enough so you can see the mess! Luckily nothing was ruined!

We dont currently have anything else planned for the rest of the day, but Im sure that something will come up. It always happens like that! See ya!

2 comments:

boersma said...

yummm...fanta at 5:30 am...its one of my dreams come true. Wow...doesnt that flood remind you of grade 6 when Dan dejong flooded ms. hofstede's room with the drinking fountain and we spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning it up. hehe that was funny.

Ashley said...

Lynn Anne Groot,
Guess who came to my church today!!!! Roger Groot! I was like.. why do I know that guy and then I figured it out... well I had to ask Eric which Groot he was in case he was a different cousin. Just thought I'd let you know.
Love Ashley