Thursday, May 19, 2011

As of late

Oh me, oh my... immigration.

I emailed immigration on Tuesday night asking for an update on my visa application. I told them that I wanted to make sure I would have no problems re-entering Australia when we returned from our 6 weeks of traveling.



I (surprisingly) received an email back the next morning telling me that it would be another 10-12 months before my visa would be processed. That was a bit surprising since my last appplication took 6 weeks to process. I'm not too worried since it allows me to stay in the country.



Also in the email was a notice saying that if I wanted to travel, I had to apply for another visa that allows me to travel while I am on my current visa. I had not be notified of this and probably wouldn't have been unless I had enquired about a status update. I am thankful I asked!


"My hands will forever hold you, my feet will forever walk beside you"


So I have since applied for this other visa I need to travel. I called immigration today and they said it should be processed quick (before we leave on June 10) and are almost always approved. So now we wait...again.



In other news, Barney and I had a date night the other day. We went into the city to do some shopping for our trip than went for a walk along the breakwall. After that we had an early dinner of bbq ribs before heading to the historic Civic theatre for the Banff Mountain Movie Festival. The movie festival was great! There were films on extreme mountain biking, skiing, the history of extreme sports, caving and speed climbing. Most of the films were very good... the caving one was pretty boring but caving isn't exhilerating in the first place.




It was a great date night and it is always good to get out of our small town and spend quality time together. Now its work work work until we leave in a few weeks God willing!

Cheers

No comments: