Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sick

I've got the flu and its the pits. Thankfully its been raining the last few days so I don't feel guilty about not going outside. There's nothing else to do but make a big pot of ministrone soup.

We also have banana's riping outside and fresh herbs growing nicely. Our strawberries didn't do so well. Because of the natural disasters that happened in Queensland, the banana crops were wiped out which means that banana's are currently costing $13/kilo. Ridiculous. The ones we have ripening are from Barney's parents house.



Last week was warm again so we spent lots of time outside. We've saw many dolphins and even saw the first humpbacks of the season. The whales will be making their way up north to breed in the next few months and will slowly make their way back down to cooler waters to feed. I love whale season! Humpbacks are just so majestic and fun to watch.




I often take where I live for granted but after looking through pictures from last week, I realize how blessed I am!

2 comments:

ade drost said...

you grow bananas? Crazy girl! Thats awesome! :") Oh to live in the tropics ;) Hope you're feeling better soon...! When i first saw the little thumbnail of the soup with tthe itle 'sick' I thought you had taken a pic of your puke...then I looked closer :) Phew!

Ashley said...

I thought it was puke at first too!!! Siiiickk. But it actually looks delicious!! How does it taste?? Erik doesn't really like minestrone, but I'm trying to work on him.

Oh to live where you do! Mainly because I would live near you, but also because it is so beautiful! Then I remember how much I love BC. Can I visit sometime?? :)

Hope you're feeling better soon. Being sick is awful! Love you!